SCP-4000
rating: 0+x
Joe

SCP-4000, right, during a rent strike in New York City, September 1919. Click to enhance.

Item #: SCP-4000

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: Webcrawlers are to locate and identify any images or reports of SCP-4000 posted online, and remove them, with amnestic treatment given to the originator.

Foundation employment policies are to explicitly ban any form of workers or labour union, or any form of industrial action amongst staff members of all levels, with attempts to form such being punishable with means up to and including full amnesticisation and termination of employment. Foundation resources are to be utilised to prevent the passage of major pro-union policies or laws amongst world governments wherever possible, and to actively promote laws that would hamper or prevent the efforts of existing unions in carrying out industrial action.

Foundation resources are also to be utilised to prevent the election of more than a prescribed number of socialist and other far-left candidates in local and regional elections where such interference is possible. Anti-union and pro-capitalist propaganda is to be distributed in both consumer culture and via social media using Foundation bot accounts.

Efforts are ongoing to shut down the Industrial Workers of the World; these are currently being prevented due to intrusion from Serpent's Hand forces.

Hill

POI-4000-A, Joel Emmanuel Hägglund, commonly known as Joe Hill.

Description: SCP-4000 is a type-4 extra-normal apparition1, seemingly Swedish-American activist and songwriter Joe Hill. SCP-4000 was first sighted at a picket line in Seattle, in February 1916, four months after Joe Hill's death. The apparition was reported by Frank McQueen, a friend of Hill's and a fellow member of the IWW2, but was not deemed reliable by the Foundation until 1919, when the anomaly was first recorded on film (see file photo).

Whilst it is not yet fully understood by what means SCP-4000 manifests, it is understood that (barring one exception) SCP-4000 will only materialise at the location of industrial action or protests, such as strikes and sit-ins. Whilst SCP-4000 is not found at the majority of these events, it is hypothesised to appear at upwards of 3% of these, and is such an unacceptable containment risk. In approximately 80% of manifestations, SCP-4000 is only visible in images and video of the event, but in the remaining 20%, physical sightings are reported.

SCP-4000 was at first believed to be passive, but this has been confirmed to not be the case. SCP-4000 has shown aggressive behaviour in response to attempts to forcibly break strikes or other actions where it has manifested, such as throwing objects at the perceived aggressors (of note, these actions are incapable of causing an physical damage, resulting in an increased containment risk). SCP-4000 also appears to provide a moral "boost" to other individuals present in the strike, although this cannot be confirmed.

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING FILES ARE LEVEL 4/4000 CLASSIFIED


ANY ATTEMPT TO ACCESS THESE FILES WITHOUT LEVEL 4/4000 AUTHORIZATION WILL BE LOGGED AND WILL LEAD TO IMMEDIATE DISCIPLINARY ACTION.


https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rent_Strike,_New_York_Times,_1919.JPG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Joe_hill002.jpg